Jump to Navigation

St. Clair Shores MI Special Needs Trust Lawyers

Special Needs Trust Attorneys in St. Clair Shores, Michigan

If you are the parent of a child with a disability or special needs, you know that child depends heavily on you for your love and support today. With thoughtful planning, that love and support can continue far into the future, even beyond the days you are there to care for them personally.

The lawyers at Cherf and Greenup, P.C., can help you create a special needs trust that provides for the needs of your child without jeopardizing his or her eligibility for federal and state benefits. With more than 35 years of experience, our firm has a comprehensive understanding of the unique considerations related to the use of special needs trusts.

In a matter this important and personal, put your trust in a proven and experienced firm. Contact us for a free informational meeting to discuss your needs and concerns.

Planning for All of Your Child's Needs

Caring for a child with special needs can be challenging, but we know from our work with parents in this role that it is a labor of love that often brings unexpected rewards. If you are the parent of a child with a physical or mental disability, you have no doubt invested time and energy in selecting and working with specialized providers to meet your child's medical, emotional and social needs. Now is the time to work with someone who can help you provide for their future financial needs.

There are several considerations to take into account when a special needs child is one of your heirs. Most importantly, you want to make sure that you preserve your child's eligibility for Medicaid, Supplemental Security Disability Income and other government benefits that can provide for the child's basic living needs. Our firm can help you form a special needs trust, and fund that trust, in a way that does not disqualify your child from receiving government assistance.

Put our experience to work for you. Find out how the appropriate legal tools can allow you to provide safe and comfortable living conditions, and a stable future, for your child, while preserving your personal assets. Contact us to discuss your situation with a lawyer.